Date: 20th-21st January, 2017
About the Conference:
The Criminal Law Centre of ILS Law College seeks to organize a two-day National Conference on the Unexplored Aspects of Criminal Law.
Criminal law and Criminal justice system is the most debated and fascinating aspect of any legal system. The state always faces complexities in defining and solving social problems created in ever changing society. Traditional criminal law many a times is inadequate to address changing criminal patterns. Special legislations enacted to address these new issues are rarely debated and deliberated. Therefore, it is of imperative concern of academicians, research scholars, students, lawyers and judges to understand and deliberate on few unexplored aspects of criminal law.
The conference will be a blend of presentations by students and by people experienced in the field of law. As these topics are of immense importance in the contemporary scenario of Law, the conference will provide an open platform to the participants and the speakers to put forth their views, opinions and their experiences.
During the course of the conference, the following themes will be discussed and debated upon:
- Decoding the Official Secrets Act, 1923.
- Laws Relating to Armed Forces with special reference to the AFSPA.
- Laws Relating to Arms and Drugs
- Rights of Children with special reference to the POCSO Act.
- Investigative Agencies beyond the Criminal Procedure Code.
Resource Persons :
- Adv. Aditya Wadhwa :-Advocate from the Delhi High Court. Known for his expertise in criminal law,He will be talking on the Official Secrets Act. Recent feather to his cap is the case of the Impeachment of a judge of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh, Adv. Wadhwa has his way with criminal law.
- Adv. Sudeep Pasbola : – Advocate from the Bombay High Court. He has dealt with 6 of the Bombay Bomb Blast cases and is a renowned name in the field of Criminal Law. His forte is Arms Act and will deliver a session on the same.
- Adv. Renita Menezes :-Lawyer representative of The International Justice Mission, will be amidst us for the session on “Child Rights with reference to POCSO Act.” Renita began her legal career at Majlis, a NGO providing legal assistance to victims of domestic violence. Since 2007 Renita has represented International Justice Mission (IJM) in legal cases at the Sessions Courts in Mumbai and Thane as well as in Bombay High Court. Through her career she has assisted public prosecutors in securing 28 convictions of sex trafficking perpetrators. Renita has trained more than 11,000 Judges, Magistrates, Public Prosecutors and Police personnel in procedures related to the Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act, 1956, Protection of Children From Sexual Offences Act, 2012, Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015 and Indian Penal Code.
- Adv. Harshavardhan Salgaokar:- Advocate from the Bombay High Court, will deliver the session on The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act: Smuggling. Adv. Salgaokar has an upper hand with the Criminal Minor Acts .Having assisted a Public Prosecutor in the Bombay courts, at the same time dealing with narcotics cases himself, He will enlighten us with both the sides of a case.
- Major Gen. Rajinder Kumar:- An alumnus of the ILS Law College, Pune. He is the country head of the JAG branch of the Armed Forces, headquartered at Delhi. He will deliver a session on The laws related to the Armed Forces with special reference to AFSPA (Armed Forces Special Powers Act).
- AAG Shiv Mangal Sharma :-He is the Additional Advocate General of Rajasthan in the Supreme Court. Has a variety of high-profile cases to his name. He will be representing the Rajasthan Government in an appeal to the SC in the famous Salman Khan’s black-buck case.
Schedule of the Conference:
Day One-20th January 2017(Friday)
Session 1: Inaugural Session
Session 2: Paper Presentations
Session 3: Laws related to Armed Forces with special reference to AFSPA
Session 4: Paper Presentations
Session 5: Rights of Children with special reference to the POCSO Act
Day Two-21st January 2017(Saturday)
Session 1: Paper Presentations
Session 2: Decoding the Official Secrets Act, 1923
Session 3: Investigation Agencies beyond the Criminal Procedure Code.
Session 4: Laws Relating to Arms and Narcotics.
Session 5: Valedictory Session
Hall No.5 (Auditorium), Laxmi Building, ILS Law College, Pune: 411004.
Register your names to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Enrollment for the National Conference”
After Registration, Course ID shall be allotted to participant and only by that Course ID the fees is payable. The last date of registration as well as payment is 16th Jan 2017. Register at the earliest possible; as the seats are limited to only 200 (FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS).
Click Here for Registration Form
For ILS Students: Rs 500/-
For Non-ILS Students: Rs 800/-
For Non ILS Paper Presenters – Rs.1000/-
Registration fee is inclusive of certificates, reading material and lunch and tea (on both the days of the conference).
Note : Attendance is compulsory for all the sessions; otherwise certificates shall not be awarded.
Payment can be made online from 9th January 2017. Please use below link for payment:
Step I: Select category – ‘National Conference on “ The Unexplored Criminal Law”.. New page will open, enter the Course ID. (Take care that CORRECT details are filled)
Step II: Click on Submit. New page opens, verify your details. This is the last opportunity to make changes or modify the details. Click Confirm only when verified carefully.
Step III: Payment window opens – with Payment modes – State Bank of India Internet Banking, Other Bank’s Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards and Cash Deposit at SBI. Select any one mode and fill in the required details according to the nature of transaction.
Note: Submit the Payment Receipt & Registration Form at the time of Conference.
(1) Faculty Coordinator :
Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray: email@example.com
(2) Students Coordinators :
Oorjasvi Goswami: +91 7769891034 Lavanya Chopra: +91 9011329390
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org