ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre
Since the establishment of Indian Law Society, one of the mottos is to promote socially relevant and professionally desired clinical legal education. Attainment of the same is contingent on pursuing in real earnestness the research activities. Keeping this objective in mind the Indian Law Society established Institute of Advanced Legal Studies and following its footsteps, the College gave formal shape to its research activities. On 15th July 2011 the College constituted the Legal Research Centre, which was merged into ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre in 2015, affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) since the academic year 2015-16.
Composition of Centre
|1||Dr. Deepa Paturkar||Director, Ph.D. Centre and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|2||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|3||Dr. Sanjay Jain||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|4||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|5||Dr. Suvarna Nilakh||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|6||Dr. Santosh Jaybhay||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
Functions of the Centre
- To Function as focal point for monitoring the entire research activities of the college.
- To Evolve ethical code to adhere to fundamental and ethical conventions during research activities.
- To Discourage plagiarism while conducting research.
- To Motivate teachers and students to engage in creative and innovative research and the former must engage the latter in research.
- To Emphasize on holding student-teacher seminar for participative dialogue.
- To Inculcate interdisciplinary approach while designing research projects.
- To Evaluate, monitor and approve financial assistance of in-House sanctioned Research Projects by teachers, individually or with students.
- To Constitute subcommittees to coordinate research on identified themes.
- To Emphasize the need for undertaking major and minor research projects sponsored by UGC and SPPU by the teachers.
- To Approve seminars and conferences on contemporary legal themes to be conducted by college.
- To Organize research methodology workshops to train students in research skills.
- To Supervise and guide students for participation in “Aavishkar” activity of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- To Encourage students and teachers to publish and authenticate the findings of their research.
- To Earmark budget for research activities.
Activities of the Centre
- To regulate admissions of Ph.D. research scholars as per the rules of SPPU
- To administer the Ph.D. research programme
- To hold the meetings of expert committees (Research advisory committees) to continuously monitor the progress of Ph.D. research scholars in accordance with the rules of SPPU
- To run the course work for Ph.D. research scholars
- In-House Ph.D. Course Work
We have also designed a course work for the research students pursuing Ph.D. in accordance with the norms under the Circular of Savitribai Phule Pune University Nos. 14/2017. Two course works have been conducted so far in the years 2018 and 2022.
The duration of this course is 60 hours which includes a rigorous training on research methodology in a span of 3 to 4 months.
- Certificate course in Fundamentals of Legal Research Methodology
This course is a must for an academic or a student who is interested to know the ABC of legal research methodology. During the program participants would be exposed to discourses from leading academics of this area along with lecturing method. The focus would also be on interactions and assignments. This course is open to all the students and Professionals interested in Legal research. The Course has 4 modules. Module I: Introductory; Module II: Planning the research; Module III: Conducting research and writing; Module IV: Miscellaneous
Students Researchers and Guides
List of the Research Students pursuing Ph.D. in Law Program and their guides
|No.||Name of the Research Student||Guide|
|1||Madhavi Bajarang More||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|2||Manisha Yogesh Kale||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|3||Rahul Kailas Gawade||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|4||Asmita Babasaheb Kavathekar||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|5||Bhavna Wanre||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|6||Manjusha Nitin Suryawanshi||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|7||Satish Hanmantrao Mane||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|8||Nitin Ramling Kumbhar||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|9||Kavita Ramesh Yadav||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|10||Prabhavati Baskey||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|11||Damodar Mayappa Hake||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|12||Rajlaxmi Girish Joshi||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|13||Ajinkya Ravindra Waghmare||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|14||Pankaj Shivajirao Shingare||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|15||Gajanan Shriram Choudhary||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|16||Anagha Sharankumar Limbale||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|17||Uroosa Naireen Shahid Shaikh||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|18||Vaishali Avinash Bankar||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|19||Sonali Dilip Javalgekar||Dr. Suvarna Nilakh|
|20||Reshma Yuvraj Jadhav||Dr. Suvarna Nilakh|
|21||Divya Mittal||Dr. Suvarna Nilakh|
Award of Ph.D.
The Centre is happy to announce that following Research Scholars have been awarded the Ph.D. Degree –
- Amitkumar Ashok Khatu
- Sunita Tryambakrao Bachchhav
- Sanjay Ambekar
- Pradnya Vikram Rajebahadur
- Mayura Borde
Code of Ethics
- Every research project submitted by faculty or the students shall be undertaken subject to the approval of ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre, Pune.
- To deal with plagiarism the Centre shall resort to URKUND software in respect of research projects of students and teachers.
- The scrutiny of Ph.D. research in respect of plagiarism shall be done by the PhD research guides of the college by resorting to ‘URKUND’ a plagiarism software provided by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- With respect to the LL.M. Program, the dissertation submitted by students in partial fulfillment of their LL.M. Degree shall be also scrutinized for plagiarism by resorting to URKUND software.
- To adequately and legally address the issues pertaining to plagiarism the college has formed ‘Departmental Academic Integrity Panel (DAIP)’ with reference to SPPU circular No. : 175/2018 dated on 27/09/2018. The board has been approved by the Hon’ble Vice Chancellor of SPPU.
- All researchers, faculty and students shall scrupulously observe the provisions of Copyright Act, 1957 and the College shall not take responsibility on their behalf for the same.
DAIP and IAIP
As per Circular No. 175/2018 of Savitribai Phule Pune University, the College is required to form Departmental Academic Integrity Panel (DAIP) for investigating inquiry matters pertaining to plagiarism charge against students and faculty. In compliance of this circular college has constituted DAIP and IAIP.
Departmental Academic Integrity Panel (DAIP)
|Sr. No.||Name of Members and Designation||Position in DAIP|
|1||Dr. Shaila Daware, Head of the Department, LL.M.||Chairman|
|2||Dr. Kranti Deshmukh, Principal, Shankarrao Chavan Law College Pune (Senior academician from outside the department)||Member|
|3||Mr. Madhukar Togam, Librarian (Person well versed with anti-plagiarism)||Member|
Institutional Academic Integrity Panel (IAIP)
|Sr. No.||Name of Members||Position in IAIP|
|1||Dr. Deepa Paturkar (Director, Research Center)||Chairman|
|2||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray (Senior Academician)||Member|
|3||Dr. Swati Shirwadkar (Senior Academician)
(Member from outside the HEI)
|4||Dr. Nilima Bhadbhade (Senior Academician)
(Member from outside the HEI)
- Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degrees
- Academic Integrity Regulation 2018