ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre
Since the establishment of Indian Law Society, one of the mottos is to promote socially relevant and professionally desired clinical legal education. Attainment of the same is contingent on pursuing in real earnestness the research activities. Keeping this objective in mind the Indian Law Society established Institute of Advanced Legal Studies and following its footsteps, the College gave formal shape to its research activities. On 15th July 2011 the College constituted the Legal Research Centre, which was merged into ILS Law College PhD Research Centre in 2015, affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) since the academic year 2015-16.
Composition of Centre
|1||Dr. Sanjay Jain||Director, Ph.D. Centre and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|2||Dr. Nitish Nawsagray||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|3||Dr. Deepa Paturkar||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|4||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar||Member and Recognized Ph.D. guide under Savitribai Phule Pune University|
Functions of the Centre
- To Function as focal point for monitoring the entire research activities of the college including Research Activities carried on through different Cell and Centres in the college.
- To Evolve ethical code to adhere to fundamental and ethical conventions during research
- To Discourage plagiarism while conducting research.
- To Motivate teachers and students to engage in creative and innovative research and the former must engage the latter in research.
- To Emphasize on holding student-teacher seminar for participative dialogue.
- To Inculcate interdisciplinary approach while designing research projects.
- To Evaluate, monitor and approve financial assistance of in-House sanctioned Research Projects by teachers, individually or with students.
- To Constitute subcommittees to coordinate research on identified themes.
- To Emphasize the need for undertaking major and minor research projects sponsored by UGC and SPPU by the teachers.
- To Approve seminars and conferences on contemporary legal themes to be conducted by college.
- To Organize research methodology workshops to train students in research skills.
- To Supervise and guide students for participation in “Aavishkar” activity of Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- To Encourage students and teachers to publish and authenticate the findings of their research.
- To Earmark budget for research activities and student-teacher seminar since 2011.
Activities of the Centre
- To regulate admissions of Ph.D. research scholars as per the rules of SPPU
- To administer the Ph.D. research programme
- To hold the meetings of expert committees (Research advisory committees) to continuously monitor the progress of Ph.D. research scholars in accordance with the rules of SPPU
- To run the coursework for Ph.D. research scholars
- In-House Ph.D. Course Work
We have also designed a course work for the three students pursuing Ph.D. in accordance with the norms under the Circular of Savitribai Phule Pune University Nos. 14/2017. The course was inaugurated on 29th September 2018 with the inaugural lecture by Dr. A. Lakshminath.
The duration of this course is 60 hours which includes a rigorous training on research methodology in a span of 3 to 4 months.
- Certificate course in Fundamentals of Legal Research Methodology
This course is a must for an academic or a student who is interested to know the ABC of legal research methodology. During the program participants would be exposed to discourses from leading academics of this area along with lecturing method. The focus would also be on interactions and assignments.This course is open to all the students and Professionals interested in Legal research. The Course has 4 modules. Module I: IntroductoryModule II: Planning the researchModule III: Conducting research and writingModule IV: Miscellaneous
Students Researchers and Guides
The List of the Students Researchers pursuing Ph.D. in Law Program and their guides
|1||Madhavi Bajarang More||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|2||Manisha Yogesh Kale||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|3||Rahul Kailas Gawade||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|4||Mayura Prakash Borde||Dr. Deepa Paturkar|
|6||Damodar Mayappa Hake||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|7||Sunita Tryambakrao Bachchhav||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|8||Prabhavati Baskey||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|9||Rajlaxmi Joshi||Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|10||Kavita Ramesh Yadav||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|11||Manjusha Nitin Suryawanshi||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|12||Sanjay Ambekar||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|13||Satish Hanmantrao Mane||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|15||Pradnya Vikram Rajebahadur||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
|16||Anagha Sharankume Limbale||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|17||Gajanaj Shriram Choudhary||Dr. Tejaswini Malegaonkar|
|18||Nitin Ramling Kumbhar||Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray|
Awards of Ph.D. Degree
Recently Ms. Priyanka Jawale has been awarded Ph.D. who was pursuing her Ph.D. with Savitribai Phule Pune University. Her Guide was Dr. Nitish Nawsagray.
Another Ph.D. scholar Gaurav Jadhav, guided by Dr. Deepa Patukar has successfully accomplished his Pre-Ph.D. submission and is likely to submit his final thesis.
Appointment of Research and Academic coordinator
In order to create a focal point to coordinate the research activities with Savitribai Phule Pune University with special focus on its flagship and research initiative ‘Aavishkar’, the College has appointed Dr. Sanjay Jain as the research and academic coordinator in the year 2017-2018.
Participation in ‘Aavishakar’ Contest
Regular participation of College in the ‘Aavishkar’ research contest of Savitribai Phule Pune University by the students of LL.B. and LL.M. program under the guidance of the teachers of the Post Graduate Department and research academic coordinator Dr. Sanjay Jain.
Code of Ethics
- Every research project submitted by faculty or the students shall be undertaken subject to the approval of ILS Law College Ph.D. Research Centre, Pune.
- To deal with plagiarism the Centre shall resort to free online software in respect of research projects of students and teachers.
- The scrutiny of Ph.D. research in respect of plagiarism shall be done by the PhD research guides of the college by resorting to ‘Turnitin’ a plagiarism software provided by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- With respect to the LL.M. Program, the dissertation submitted by students in partial fulfillment of their LL.M. Degree, are scrutinized for plagiarism by resorting to free online plagiarism software.
- All researchers, faculty and students shall scrupulously observe the provisions of Copyright Act, 1957 and the College shall not take responsibility on their behalf for the same
- Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degrees
- Academic Integrity Regulation 2018