Diploma Course on Corporate International Taxation
About the Course:
- The course is being conducted by ILS Law College, in association with Taxsutra, Pune.
- The objective of the course is to provide orientation with the basic concepts of international taxation, covering income tax and transfer pricing, which affect the corporate entities.
- Course content:
- Residence versus source basis of taxation and Indian Income Tax Law’s approach on international taxation
- Why double taxation occurs and measures to avoid double taxation
- Double tax avoidance agreements – objectives, process of treaty negotiation and interpretation
- Model convention for avoidance of double taxation – OECD, UN and US and Indian tax treaties
- Key articles in model tax convention and Indian tax treaties – viz. residence, Permanent Establishment, Capital gains, Interest, Royalties and fees for technical services, Dependent Personal services and Independent Personal services, Other Income, Tax credits and non-discrimination
- Overview of issues relating to e-commerce transactions and withholding tax issues
- Landmark Indian jurisprudence on international taxation
- Overview of Indian transfer pricing
- Lectures shall be delivered by senior tax professionals. There shall also be special lectures by leading Senior Advocate/Judge/Senior Indian Revenue Official.
- Certification shall be issued to the student, who has:
- Attended 80% of the lectures;
- Participated in written case studies;
- Submitted technical research paper; and
- 60% correct answers in MCQ test.
ILS Law College, Pune : 411004
3rd–5th B.A.LL.B./B.S.L., 2nd–3rd LL.B. and LL.M. students
Start Date for Registration : 25 July 2016
Register your names to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Enrollment for the Diploma Course in Corporate International Taxation”
After Registration , Course ID shall be allotted to candidate and only by that seat no. the fees is payable. The last date of registration as well as payment is 20 August 2016. Register at the earliest possible, as the seats are limited to only 40.
Last date for Registration: 20 August 2016.
Registration feeinclusive of study material.
Current Year ILS Student : Rs 15000/-
Others : Rs 17000/-
Payment can be made online.
Step I: Select category – ‘Diploma Course in Corporate International Taxation’. New page will open, enter the Course ID (Take care that CORRECT details are filled)
Step II: Click on Submit. New page opens, verify your details. This is the last opportunity to make changes or modify the details. Click Confirm only when verified carefully
Step III: Payment window opens – with Payment modes – State Bank of India Internet Banking, Other Bank’s Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards and Cash Deposit. Select any one mode and fill in the required details according to the nature of transaction.
Details will be posted form time to time at: http://www.ilslaw.edu/
Faculty Coordinator: Mrs. Smita Sabne: email@example.com