Title of the Policy: E-Governance policy
- Implementation of E-governance in various functioning of the institution
- Achieving efficiency in our functioning
- Promoting transparency and accountability
- Achieving paperless administration of the institution
- Facilitating online internal and external communication between various entities of the institution
- Providing easy access to information
- Making the institution visible globally
- In order to provide simpler and efficient system of governance within the institution, it is decided to adopt and implement e-governance in maximum activities of our functioning.
- The institution has already started with e-governance in some aspects of functioning like library, accounts, etc. But, now we have resolved to implement e-governance in many more areas and with this aim in view we have drafted this policy framework.
E-governance in following areas: For convenience purposes, the policy is divided into various areas of operation. These areas of operation are illustrative and the society reserves the right to implement e-governance even in the areas not enlisted herewith.
- Website: The website of the college needs to revamped taking into account the new changes. The website should act as a mirror of the college activities and information about all activities, important notices, etc should be made easily available to the outsiders. For this purpose, a separate service provider/web designer can be appointed by the Secretary of the society. Alongwith it, training should be given to the existing staff and persons should be identified who will undertake the responsibility of website administration and updation at the college level.
- Student Admission: The College has decided to process all admissions in online mode. This will cover admissions to all courses whether graduate, post graduate, Ph.D., diploma or autonomous courses. For this purpose, an arrangement can be entered into with a reputed banking company preferable State Bank of India with whom the society maintains all its accounts. The Secretary of the Society is given the authority to take appropriate decisions and identify the persons responsible for implementation of this aspect of the policy.
- Accounts: For ease of maintaining accounts, the society is already using Tally software. But, with new accounting methods and compliances, it has become necessary to procure other softwares as well. Accordingly, requirements should be assessed by the Secretary by discussion with accountant and other accounts staff and accordingly new softwares may be purchased. Appropriate security measures should be taken for maintaining confidentiality of the transactions. Training to the existing staff and updation of the existing softwares must be done on timely basis.
- Library: We have the privilege of having one of the best library in the country. To continue with this legacy, we need to add more and more e-learning resources for the benefit of the teachers and students. Library is presently using SLIM 21 software for its internal working. It needs to updated timely. Also the OPAC system should be converted into a web based service for others to utilize the library resources effectively. Similarly newer e-learning resources like journals, etc should be identified and subscribed taking into account the recommendations of the library advisory committee. Recommendations of the teachers and students also need to taken into account while subscribing to these resources. Appropriate training to the staff and the students for using the e-learning resources should be provided.
- Administration: To provide an hassle free, convenient and cheap process, maximum of the administration of the society should be handled with ICT based technology. Facilities should be provided for online leave management of employees, e copy of salary certificates, internal communication between the employees interse, etc. Students also must be able to obtain maximum services like transfer certificates, bonafide certificates, etc. in online mode.
- Examination: As per the directions of the University, it is mandatory to handle examination in online manner. Filling of examination forms, revaluation forms, photocopy forms, obtaining hall tickets, receiving of examination papers, uploading of marks, etc. everything has to be done in online manner. Utmost secrecy and confidentiality needs to be maintained while handling examinations and work needs to be done utmost care and caution. College Examination Officer needs to supervise the entire process of examination under the guidance of the Principal of the college.
- Alumni: In order to strengthen alumni interaction, a separate alumni portal should be started providing facilities like registration, information of college activities, prominent alumni, milestones achieved by alumni, feedback and many other aspects. For this purpose a separate agreement can be entered into with suitable service providers by the Secretary and a separate alumni coordinator at the college level be appointed to take care of the entire activity.
Indian Law Society