- Faculty In-Charge : Dr. Suvarna S. Nilakh
- Student members :
- Tishita Mukherjee (V BSL LLB)
- Devika Vasandani (V BSL LLB)
- Chaitanya Reddy (IV BA LLB)
- Pranita Saboo (IV BA LLB)
- Shreya Kunwar (III BA LLB)
- This year student coordinators of the cell have conducted all the cell activities in a systematic manner. The day time and the venue for the regular sessions have been fixed and followed religiously for the sake of certainty and to avoid any kind of confusion among the students. The sessions are held on every Thursday at 1:45 PM at Hall no 13, Laxmi building. The cell has a robust information system as every activity of the cell is notified to the students through its official e-mail, Facebook Page, Whatsapp Updates, notice boards and announcements.The cell has a documentation system of each and every session which includes a brief of the session from the speaker, minutes of every session and assignment activities during the sessions. The IPR Cell has organized a certificate course this year in the month of January.Besides this, the cell has started receiving requests for assistance from the teams representing college in National Moots based on IPR Law.
The cell has been active in conducting its weekly session without fail.
- Details of the activities conducted by the Cell during Academic year 2017-18:
Sr. no Title of the Activity Resource Persons / Participants Brief overview of the activity Date of the activity 1 Session on the IPR Phadnis case 2017 Shreya Kunwar (III BA LLB) IPR Phadnis case 2017 case is explained and helped with the research July 27, 2017 2 The Taj Hotel Trademark Issue Pranita Saboo (IV BA LLB) Detailed discussion on the Taj Trademark issue. August 3, 2017 3 Red Cross and IMA Issue Chaitanya Reddy (IV BA LLB) An interactive session on the on-going trademark issue of Red Cross and the IMA. August 17, 2017 4 Monkey Selfie Copyright Issue Tishita Mukherjee (V BSL LLB) Discussion on the actual case before the courts and the position of law in the US, UK and India. Students were given an opportunity to come up with arguments and present them. August 24, 2017 5 Elevating Personality Rights to the Constitutional Plane Dr. Suvarna S. Nilakh, Faculty Co-Ordinator, IPR Cell. A Student – teacher interactive session which included debating on the Right to Privacy issue in relation to Intellectual Property Laws August 31, 2017 6 The Amul Disparagement case Devika Vasandani (IV BSL LLB) Session on the comparative advertisements and the issue in the Amul case. September 7 and 14 , 2017 7 Patent Filing and Procedural aspects before a Patent grant. Chaitanya Reddy (IV BA LLB ) Session on the patent filing and procedure in India and also on the issue that happened relating to Patent Agents in Madras High Court. January 11, 2018 8 IPR Certificate Course Refer the Certificate Course resource persons Discussed each and every aspect of Intellectual Property Law starting from Patents, Copyright, Trademarks, GI, Traditional Knowledge etc. January 8 to January 28, 2018 9 Intellectual Property laws and Competition Law Soham Goswami (V BSL LLB) A comparative session on the conflicts between Intellectual Property Laws and the Competition law. February 1, 2018 10 Patentability of DNA Vivek Sharma (II BA LLB) A session on the patentability of the DNA and the issues arose in the due course along with the legal precedents. February 8, 2018 11 Industrial Designs Atharva Diwe (II BA LLB) Discussed on the basics of Designs Act, 2000 and concepts relating to industrial designs under the provisions of the Act. February 22, 2018 12 Closing Session Dr. Suvarna S. Nilakh Planned activities for the academic year 2018-19 March 1, 2018