Faculty Coordinator: Mr. D.P.Kendre
- Nine Day Lecture Series on “Gender, Law and Equality: Nine Day Lecture series was organised on the theme of “Gender, Law and quality” from 14th to 23rd December, 2017 in which more than 60 students participated. The College received a grant of Rs.10, 000 from Board of Students’ Welfare Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University.Student coordinators for this event were Ms. Ketaki Mahadik of II L.L.B. and Mr. Shubham Bhalerao of II B.A L.L.B. Details of Resource Persons for the lecture series have been enlisted below:-
Sr. No. Topic Faculty Date 1 Succession Laws in India and Gender Justice Principal Vaijayanti Joshi 14/ 12/2017 2 Mental health and gender equality Dr. Kaustubh Jog 15/12/2017 3 Evidence Law and Gender Equality Dr. Nilima Bhadbhade 16/12/2017 4 Culture and gender equality Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray 18/12/2017 5 Land Laws and Gender Equality Mr. Santhosh Jaybhaye 19/12/2017 6 Constitution and Gender equality Dr. Sanjay Jain 20/12/2017 7 Tort and Gender Equality Ms. Rajlaxmi Joshi 21/12/2017 8 Overview on the Protection of Women From Domestic Violence Act, 2005 Dr. Deepa Paturkar 22/12/2017 9 Women and Labour Laws Adv. Shrikant Malegaokar 23/12/2017
- Special Guidance Scheme: Communication facilitates the transparency of ideas between two individuals. Although, there have been many upcoming different modes of communication, yet, language remains the best of all. English is one such widely accepted language which used throughout the world. English has been acknowledged in India as an official language in the arena of judiciary as well.
The lectures were very well received by the students. Top 5 scorers in English subject were felicitated on the Foundation Day of the Indian Law Society on 5th March, 2018. Ms.Usha Ganesh Conducted 30 Remedial Lectures for Improvement of English Language for Students of 1st BA.LL.B in which more than 30 Students Participated. College received a grant of Rs.9,000 from Board of Student Development Department, Savitribai Phule Pune University.Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn and Learn Scheme: The above mentioned scheme was initiated in the academic year 2012-13 for the benefit of the economically backward students. In this academic year, students of our college availed the benefit of this scheme from the month of July, 2017. 30 Students participated in this scheme and availed the benefit of the same. The College received the grant of the Rs. 3,00,000 /- from Student Welfare Department, Savitribai Phule Pune university and the remaining expenditure of Rs. 94,000 was contributed by the ILS Law College.
- Student Safety Insurance: Two students were bitten by dogs, the cases of which were forwarded to Savitribai Phule Pune University for medical reimbursement and received an amount of 10,000 in each case. An Unfortunate accidental death case of a Student from 2nd L.L.B was forwarded for Student Safety Insurance received an amount of Rs.1, 00,000 as compensation.
- Ten Day Orientation Course for Budding Judges in between 29th January- 8th February, 2018: Proposal Submitted under innovative Scheme of Pune University and received a grant of Rs.15,000 in which around 115 Students have Participated. See detailed report of competition law cell
- Moot Court Competition: Proposal Submitted under innovative Scheme of Pune University and received a grant of Rs.40,000 for organising S.P. Sathe Moot Court Competition.
- One Day Workshop Career Counselling cum Motivation Session and Celebration of ‘Braille Day’ for College going differently abled Students on 16th February, 2018: Proposal Submitted under innovative Scheme of Pune University and received a grant of Rs.20,000. See detailed report of Equal Opportunity Cum Enabling Cell.