Technological innovation, literary and artistic genius along with commercial identity together form the bedrock of a thriving nation in the global economy. Naturally, therefore, it is quintessential to provide adequate legal recognition and protection to every person for the toils and products of her mind.
That said, it is equally important to be mindful of the interests of the larger public and their reasonably unhindered access to essential art and technology. Balance is key. And where do we find our key?
Enter, the world of Intellectual Property Rights! The ILS IPR Cell has been established in 2013 to help create and nurture the future architects of this world. Mindful of our goal, we aim to engage in the following activities:
- Understand, recognize and respect IPRs;
- Provide our students with overall knowledge and teach a holistic view of various intellectual property rights and policy; .
- Sensitize the students with current issues & challenges in the field of IP at National and International Level through weekly sessions;
- Conduct IPR awareness workshops for various stakeholders.
- Conduct exhaustive and insightful Certificate/ Diploma courses in IPR;
- To provide consultancy services in IPR through our IP Clinic.
The constitution of the Cell for academic year 2018-19 is as follows:-
- Suvarna S. Nilakh
- Arati Tayde
- Pranita Saboo (V BA.LL.B.)
- Kattamreddy Divya Chaitanya (V BA.LL.B.)
- Shreya Kunwar (IV BA.LL.B.)
- Surabhi Smita (IV BA.LL.B.)
- Atharva Diwe (III BA.LL.B.)
- Vivek Sharma (III BA.LL.B.)