About the Tournament:
The ILS Debating Society is organizing its 11th edition of the annual three-day national parliamentary debate, namely Justice V.M. Tarkunde National Parliamentary Debate. Every year we conduct this debate in the honor of the eminent Justice V.M Tarkunde. It follows the 3 on 3 Asians Parliamentary Debating format. It is a semi-open tournament and institutional cross teams are permitted.
For the first two days, i.e., 20 and 21 of January, preliminary rounds be conducted and post break rounds will take place on 22 of January, 2023.
Structure of the Debate
- Day One – 20 January 2023 (Friday)
- Brief orientation for speakers and adjudicators.
- Release of adjudicator test results.
- Round One
- Round Two
- Day Two – 21 January 2023 (Saturday)
- Round Three
- Round Four
- Round Five
- Release of Breaks
- Day Three –_22 January 2023 (Sunday)
- Quarter Finals and Novice semi-finals.
- Semi- Finals and Novice finals.
- Open final round.
- Award distribution.
- Registration Fee for participants is INR 1584/- (inclusive of GST) without accommodation.
- The accommodation fee for participants is INR 1050/- (inclusive of GST). The accommodation will be provided for 2 nights and 2 days.
- Accommodation Payment Link: – https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm?corpID=645153 (Please select Tarkunde Accommodation Charges in the category option.)
- The registration process will take place in 3 rounds. The first round of registration will open on 16 November, 2022, and will close on 30 November, 2022. The dates of the other two rounds will be intimated on the Facebook page. In order to register, follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/ilsdebate
Note: After release of slots, the procedure for payment of the registration fee and the online payment link will be released. Payment must be completed by the respective colleges in the instructed time period, failure of which will lead to cancellation of slots. In case of any payment made without allocation of slot money will not be refunded.
Payment can be made online. The payment link will be sent to the given email ID at the registration portal. Please check the email ID provided at the time of registration for the confirmation of the slot and the link for the Payment from the Organizing Committee. Further instructions to make payment will be sent through the email provided.
Do not make any payment without confirmation of slots from our end.
Note: Submit the hard copy of the Payment Receipt at the time of Debate.
(A) Faculty coordinator:
Mr. Ashish Pawar
Ms. Mugdha Hedau
(B) Student Coordinators:
- Krishna Nair, Convener (+91 8484887507)
- Anushka Singh, Co- convener (+91 9905754495)
- Official Email ID (for communications, queries and requests): email@example.com
For further details and updates, follow our pages:
ILS Debsoc Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ils.debunion/
Tarkunde Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/971703262960454/
ILS Debsoc Instagram Page: https://instagram.com/debsoc.ils?igshid=ZjA0NjI3M2I=