The ILS Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA) was established on 3rd December 2016 by the Governing Council of the Indian Law Society (ILS). This Centre is established with the sole purpose of providing facilities for ad-hoc and institutional arbitrations and mediations, both in domestic as well as international situations. ILSCA is a first-of-its-kind arbitral institution in India, which has close association with one of the top most law colleges in the country – ILS Law College, an offspring of a public charitable society the Indian Law Society whose chief purpose is to establish centres to impart quality legal education.
ILSCA is an associated institution of the Indian Law Society set up to support the activities of the ILS Law College and is a neutral, independent, non-profit arbitration and mediation centre, established to facilitate the impartial administration of arbitration and mediation proceedings.
ILSCA also conducts various training programmes and courses in the field of ADR for students and professionals from all disciplines, to train them in the skills of ADR.
About the Course:
The ADR methods are used as an alternative to the process of litigation. This process is non adversarial. ADR methods facilitate parties to deal with the disputes in a more cost-effective manner and with increased efficacy. In addition, these processes have the advantage of providing parties with the opportunity to reduce hostility, regain a sense of control, gain acceptance of the outcome, resolve conflict in a peaceful manner, and achieve a greater sense of justice. The different methods of resolution of disputes like Arbitration , Mediation, Negotiation and others take place usually in private and is more viable, economical, and efficient than the conventional court litigation. The Alternative Dispute Resolution Method has proven to be one the most efficacious mechanisms to resolve commercial disputes of an international nature.
PG Diploma in ADRM, conducted by ILSCA is a distance learning programme designed to train lawyers and law students and other interested persons in different methods and processes of Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods. case.
Details of the Course
|Date of Commencement:||14th June 2021|
|Duration of the course||3 months (14th June to 14th September 2021)|
|For Whom||(1) Advocates (2) Judges (3) Law students (4) Officers from Government Legal Departments and Private Companies (5) Engineers (6) Architects (7) Professors|
|Fees Inclusive of Reading Material||Rs. 30,000/- + Rs. 5400 (18 % GST) = Rs.35,400/-|
|At the end of the course the final assessment of the student is done which is based on
· Project Submission
· Home Assignment papers submission
· Attendance for the contact classes
· final Online examination
The objectives of the course are:
- To create awareness about the importance of ADR methods
- To explain primary methods under the alternative dispute resolution methods and their functions
- To provide a good basic knowledge of ADR methods – Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration – both theoretical as well as practical
- To trace the growth, development and importance of ADR movement
- To appreciate and realize the strengths and weaknesses of each of the ADR methods
- To train the candidates to develop skills and techniques for effective application of each of the ADR methods
- To evaluate, compare and assess legal implication of each of the ADR methods
- To understand the role mediation in commercial as well as personal relationships
- To enhance capacities like one’s own listening, probing and evaluation skills thereby improving internal communication and working practices- important for a good mediator.
- Graduate of any recognized University in any discipline; or
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Graduation are also eligible to apply; or
- Candidates who have completed three years of their 5-year integrated LLB Degree programme in Law are also eligible to apply.
- Diploma in any discipline or any equivalent diploma from a recognized Institution
Course coordinator : Ms. Sathya Narayan, Director, ILSCA
Contact: Ms. Pooja Kannuarkar 9730851022
Ms. Manjusha Gurjar 9422060258
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for the Flyer
Click Here to read the Structure & Syllabus of the Course.
Click Here for the Frequently Asked Questions