Post-graduate Department in Law, ILS Law College, Pune is organizing two-days national conference on independence of judiciary & judicial accountability: contemporary challenges and solutions. The independence of Judiciary has many facets, such as appointments, post-retirement acceptance of Governmental Posts, recusal, judicial overreach, judicial accountability. Time and again attempts have been made to make the process of appointments transparent. This conference will provide a unique opportunity to explore and to generate discussion on various aspects of Independence of Judiciary. The conference will involve the participation of stalwarts and intellectuals from the field of constitutional law.
Participants are invited to send their abstracts of maximum 300 words on any of the Sub-themes given below-
- Whether there is a need of revisiting the judicial architecture under the Constitution of India
- Whether the existing system of Appointments in the Higher judiciary is transparent
- Whether Access to judgment as an aspect to Access to Justice
- Whether post-retirement benefits are obstacles for fair administration of justice
- Whether the practice of recusal by judges needs to be regulated
- Whether there is a necessity for National Judicial Services
These themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the above-mentioned theme. Please refer the brochure attached for guidelines for submission of abstract an the paper.
- Registration & Submission of Abstract: 20th Feb.2022
- Last date of Registration (Attendees): 24th Feb 2022
- Submission of Full Paper: 24th Feb.2022
- Intimation of Selection of Paper for Publication: 22nd Feb. 2022
- Date of Conference: 26th and 27th Feb.2022
Click Here for the Conference Brochure.
Coordinators of the Conference-
- Dr. Shaila Daware, Head of Department, Post-Graduate Department in Law, ILS Law College, Pune
- Mr. Prafulla Lele, Faculty Coordinator: 8087781300