In the academic year 2022-23 also, the ILS Law College is holding the Raghavendra Phadnis Essay Writing, Case Comment, and Legislative Comment Competition, 2021-22. Students may submit entries for all three, if they choose to.
Topics for Essay Writing:
- The Concept of Choice and Bodily Autonomy: Can the State and Society leave Patriarchy Behind?
- Circular Economy: Messiah or Mirage?
- Acknowledging Neurodivergence: Is the Indian Legal Framework for Disability Rights Sufficient?
Cases for Case Comments:
- Janhit Abhiyan v Union of India –
2. X v The Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare Department –
3. The Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement v Union of India – https://main.sci.gov.in/supremecourt/2016/19818/19818_2016_34_1501_34168_Judgement_16-Mar-2022.pdf
Legislations for Legislative Comment:
- The Indian Antarctic Act 2022
- The Criminal Procedure (Identification) Act 2022
- The National Anti-Doping Act 2022
The submissions should conform to the following guidelines:
The word limit for Essay Writing is 3000 words (Maximum).
The word limit for Case Comment and Legislative comments is 2000 words (Maximum).
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Footnoting style – Bluebook 21st Edition
The last date for the submission of the entries is 18th December 2022. All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 p.m. on that date.
The Winner, Runner up, and Second Runner Up for each category shall be given E-certificates of Recognition, and the winning entries in each category shall be eligible for publication in the ILS Abhivyakti Law Journal (subject to the decision of the editorial board).