After the completion of two successful editions of the Certificate Program on Intellectual Property Laws (“IP Laws“) we now propose to you our third edition of the same. This year’s program structure is designed in a more lucid manner with an aim to provide a comprehensive understanding of the various laws relating to intellectual property rights.
To give a brief overview of this area of law, any property generated by a person using his intellect is called Intellectual Property. The rights given by the government to such persons over this property are termed as Intellectual Property Rights (“IPR“). It is a wide concept and includes intellectual activities in fields such as industrial, literary, scientific and artistic. Copyright, trademark, patent, geographical indications, performers’ rights, broadcasters’ rights are few such IPRs. These properties are protected by law and any unauthorized reproduction and use of such properties without the permission of the IP holder amounts to a serious offence. Understanding, recognizing and respecting such rights is of utmost importance.
Objectives of the Program:-
- Basic knowledge of the various branches of IP Laws.
- A holistic understanding of the legalities of IPR.
- Discussion on contemporary issues in IP Laws.
- Understanding intricacies involved in drafting and filings for Intellectual Property registration.
- Analyzing the development laws relating to Intellectual Property.
Topics which will be covered:-
- Basics of Intellectual Property Law.
- Transacting and Contracting IP.
- Filing and Prosecution (Patents and Trademarks).
- The interface between Media, Music, Sports, and IPR
- IPR and Public Policy.
- IP – Infringement and Passing Off (Litigation).
- IP Due-Diligence.
- IP and Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- Contemporary Issues in IPR.
- Interactive lectures will be conducted by eminent academicians, practicing lawyers and IP professionals.
- One day National Seminar on IPR*.
Eligibility for Participation –
- Students pursuing UG/PG/M.Phil/Ph.D from any discipline.
- Professionals from any discipline.
Dates for Program: 11th March 2020 to 22nd March 2020.
Timing of lectures:
5 PM to 8 PM (Weekdays)- Monday to Saturday
9 AM to 4 PM (Weekend)- Sunday
Number of Seats: 100
Registration and Mode of Payment: Online only
Registration Fees: For ILS Students:- Rs. 5509/- + GST@ 18 %
For Outside ILS Students :-Rs 6356/- + GST@ 18 %
For Professionals Rs 6780/- + GST@ 18 %
This registration fee for certificate program includes participation in the National Seminar on IPR.
NO Accommodation shall be provided to any of the participants enrolled for the certificate program.
Points to be Noted:
- Participants are expected to read the provided reading material for every session before hand and actively participate in the discussions.
- Assessment will consist of a multiple choice question based test to be held on 24th March, 2020.
- Certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the program**.
*Details of Seminar will be available on the college website in due course.
**Attendance for all sessions is mandatory.
Last Date of Registration: 9th March 2020.
(A) Faculty coordinator: Dr. Suvarna S Nilakh Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Vindhya Gupta Email ID: email@example.com
(B) Student coordinators:
Surabhi Smita (9833998431) Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Atharva Diwe (8451840598)
Shreya Kunwar (8777295355)