Indian Law Society’s Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA)
Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods (ADRMs)
through Distance Learning
(An autonomous Diploma Course of the Indian Law Society conducted under the aegis of ILSCA)
The ILS Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA) was established on 3rd December 2016 by the Governing Council of the Indian Law Society (ILS). This Centre is established with the sole purpose of providing facilities for ad-hoc and institutional arbitrations and mediations, both in domestic as well as international situations. ILSCA is a first-of-its-kind arbitral institution in India, which has close association with one of the topmost law colleges in the country – ILS Law College, an offspring of a public charitable society the Indian Law Society whose chief purpose is to establish centres to impart quality legal education.
ILSCA is an associated institution of the Indian Law Society set up to support the activities of the ILS Law College and is a neutral, independent, non-profit arbitration and mediation centre, established to facilitate the impartial administration of arbitration and mediation proceedings.
ILSCA also conducts various training programmes and courses in the field of ADR for students and professionals from all disciplines, to train them in the skills of ADR.
About the Course:
The ADR methods are used as an alternative to the process of litigation. This process is non adversarial. ADR methods facilitate parties to deal with the disputes in a more cost-effective manner and with increased efficacy. In addition, these processes have the advantage of providing parties with the opportunity to reduce hostility, regain a sense of control, gain acceptance of the outcome, resolve conflict in a peaceful manner, and achieve a greater sense of justice. The different methods of resolution of disputes like Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation and others take place usually in private and is more viable, economical, and efficient than the conventional court litigation. The Alternative Dispute Resolution Method has proven to be one the most efficacious mechanisms to resolve commercial disputes of an international nature.
PG Diploma in ADRM, conducted by ILSCA is conducted in hybrid mode – The larger part of the programme consists of self-study where the study material is sent to the student and the student must study and learn on their own. In addition, there will be online classes conducted on the various topics of the course at intervals by experts on topics which are part of the programme.
Details of the Course:
|Date of Commencement||3rd October 2023|
|Duration of the course||6 months (3rd October 2023 to 3rd April 2024)|
|Beneficiaries of this course||(1) Advocates (2) Judges (3) Law students (4) Officers from Government Legal Departments and Private Companies (5) Engineers (6) Architects (7) Professors|
|Fees Inclusive of Reading Material||Rs. 42,373/- + Rs. 7,627 (18 % GST) = Rs. 50,000/-|
|Payment Mode||Payment Mode: Online Only
Payment can be done online through Direct SBI, Net banking, and Credit card.
Debit Cards payments are NOT acceptable.
|At the end of the course, the final assessment of the participant is done which is based on
Break up of marks:
o Paper I – Online written Exam 80 marks
o Paper II – Online written Exam 80 marks
o Paper III –Online written Exam 80 marks
o Paper IV –Online written Exam 80 marks
Total Exam Marks – 500
Passing percentage – 50%
After completion of the final assessment, the Diploma Certificates, with the seal and signature of the President of the Indian Law Society shall be issued to the successful candidates.
|I||Law of Contracts|
|IV||International Commercial Arbitration|
|VI||Practical approach to ADR|
The objectives of the course are:
- To create awareness about the importance of ADR methods
- To explain primary methods under the alternative dispute resolution methods and their functions
- To provide a good basic knowledge of ADR methods – Negotiation, Mediation & Arbitration – both theoretical as well as practical
- To trace the growth, development, and importance of ADR movement
- To appreciate and realize the strengths and weaknesses of each of the ADR methods
- To train the candidates to develop skills and techniques for effective application of each of the ADR methods
- To evaluate, compare, and assess legal implication of each of the ADR methods
- To understand the role of mediation in commercial as well as personal relationships
- To enhance capacities like one’s own listening, probing, and evaluation skills thereby improving internal communication and working practices- important for a good mediator.
- Graduate of any recognized University in any discipline; or
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Graduation; or
- Candidates who have completed three years of their 5-year integrated LLB Degree programme in Law; or
- Diploma in any discipline or any equivalent diploma from a recognized Institution
Last date for Registration & Application: 10th October 2023
Course coordinator: Ms. Sathya Narayan, Director, ILSCA
Contact: Ms. Pooja Kannurkar (9730851022), Ms. Manjusha Gurjar (9422060258)
Click Here for the Flyer.
Click Here for the Frequently Asked Questions.
Click Here for the Application Form (Please download the Application Form, fill it in, affix the photograph and send scanned copy of the filled-in form to email@example.com along with Passing Certificate and Statement of Marks of the qualifying examination.)