In pursuance of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and to mark the celebration of 72nd Constitution Day, ILS Law College brings to you a Webinar and Debate on the “PM Care Fund”
As we are well aware that Public Finance in India is Parliament driven, however the Covid-19 pandemic witnessed yet another novelty, i.e. the creation of PM Care Fund.
This has led to massive discussion on constitutionality and compatibility of the same with the provisions and the basic structure of the Constitution.
This puts forth before us a very significant issue “Whether the provisions of the Constitution dealing with the Contingency Fund are inadequate to tackle the pandemic, thereby requiring an additional fund i.e. the PM Care Fund: Debate and Discussion”
To further make the discussion relevant, the session will be followed by the “Redrafting of Constitution Provision Competition.”
Details of the session:
Constitution Day Celebration
Friday, November 26 · 3:15 – 5:00 pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/imb-xaru-hiy
Rules of the Competition:
- Open to all students of ILS Law College only
- Compulsory attendance of the participants in the session
- Article 267 of the Constitution has to be redrafted
- Entries have to be sent in a word format not exceeding 250 words in Times New Roman size 12. Please mention the Original Provision as well as the redrafted provision in the document.
- All entries to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29th November 2021, 11.59 pm.
Schedule of the session is as follows:
|Day & Date||Time||Details|
|Friday 26th November||3.15– 3.30 pm||Introduction and address by Dr. Sanjay Jain|
|Friday 26th November||3.30- 4.00 pm||Address by Ms. Maithili Sane
(Assistant Professor, Dept. of International Studies, Women’s Christian College, Chennai)
|Friday 26th November||4.00- 4.45 pm||Debate by students of ILS Law College
Mr. Pallav Sinha (II LL.B.)
Ms. Shreyasi Vats (II LL.B.)
|Friday 26th November||4.45- 5.00 pm||Announcement of Competition (only for students of ILS Law College) and Concluding Remarks
|Monday 6th December||3.00 pm||Publication of Result on ILS Website|