The Indian Law Society’s Centre for Arbitration and Mediation, Pune
Certificate Course on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Methods
The Indian Law Society’s Centre for Arbitration & Mediation (ILSCA) was established on 3rd December 2016 by the Governing Council of the Indian Law Society. ILSCA is an associated institution of the Indian Law Society that was set up to support the activities of the ILS Law College. ILSCA is a neutral, independent, non-profit arbitration and mediation centre, established to facilitate the impartial administration of arbitration and mediation proceedings.
ILSCA conducts various training programmes and courses in ADR for students and professionals from all disciplines to train them in ADR skills.
To this effect, we hereby announce the Online Certificate course in ADR-2023.
About the Course:
One of the major drawbacks which a litigation system faces is a delay in the dispensation of justice. The shortcomings in the adjudicatory system of resolving disputes led to the emergence of other methods of dispute resolution now popularly referred to as ADR. There are various types of ADR Methods by which disputes are resolved. Three frequently used ADR processes are Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation.
This course aims to give the participants a quick perspective of Contract Law, an understanding of Arbitration and Mediation, and Negotiation as a tool for Dispute Resolution.
No prior theoretical or legal knowledge is required to understand the dialogues that will happen during this course.
This program consists of ten modules – each of which will be an interactive session
The details of the programme are as follows:
24th November to 23rd December 2023
(Online live class on every Friday & Saturday)
Rs.1000/- (with GST)
Payment Mode: Online Only
Payment can be done online through Direct SBI, Net banking and Credit card.
Debit Cards payments are NOT acceptable.
Online live class – 10 modules
20 Hours of learning; two hours per session
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
|Who can Attend?||Students, Advocates, Academicians, Government officers, Persons from the Construction business, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, and any other professionals keen to learn the process of arbitration.|
|Certification||Upon a minimum 75% attendance, and a minimum score of 50% in the online examination|
|Programme Coordinator||Ms. Sathya Narayan, Director, ILSCA
Ms. Pooja Kannurkar, Research Associate, ILSCA
The objectives of the course are:
- To create awareness about the importance of ADR methods
- To trace the growth, development, and importance of ADR movement in India
- To explain primary methods under the alternative dispute resolution methods and their functions
- To provide a good basic knowledge of ADR methods – Arbitration, Mediation & Negotiation
- Graduate of any recognized University in any discipline;
- Candidates appearing for the final year examination of Graduation are eligible to apply;
- Candidates who have completed three years of their 5-year integrated LLB Degree programme in Law are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates pursuing 3rd year (LL.B. course) & 5th year (B.A.LL.B. course) are eligible to apply.
- Diploma in any discipline or any equivalent diploma from a recognized Institution.
Contact: Ms. Pooja Kannurkar – 9730851022
Ms. Manjusha Gurjar – 9422060258
Click Here for the Application Form (Please download the Application Form, fill it in, affix the photograph and send scanned copy of the filled-in form to email@example.com along with Passing Certificate and Statement of Marks of the qualifying examination.