Theme: Promoting Freedom of Speech and Expression
- The participant must write an original rap verse/song based on the aforementioned topic.
- The performance must not exceed 4 minutes.
- Artists must bring their own beat to which they will rap. The artist must have the rights (performance rights and others that may apply). If the artist does not have access to a beat that he/she has necessary rights to, he/she may contact (email@example.com/ Satyajit -9172531694) for a selection of royalty free beats that may be used.
- Participants must arrange their own travel and accommodation. No travel/accommodation allowances shall be provided by the host college.
- The host college shall provide a microphone, a speaker, and cables that is required.
- Decisions of Judges shall be final and binding on all teams and no objections shall be entertained.
- The artist must not employ any explicit words in his/her lyrics. Usage of offensive language, slurs et Al. is strictly prohibited. Naming a particular person or a defined group of people (religions, castes etc.) is strictly prohibited. Usage of any socially objectionable language is strictly prohibited. Non-compliance of this rule is grounds for disqualification. Obscenity, at the discretion of judges, is not allowed and may lead to disqualification.
- The rap must either be in Hindi, Marathi or English.
- Any student enrolled in an institution of higher education is eligible for participation in this contest.
- Marking Criteria: –
- Lyrics – 20
- Sense of groove and rhythm – 20
- Performance – 20
- Stage presence – 20
- Synergy between the beat, the lyrics and the performance – 20
- Please note: The host college will allow a maximum of 30 participants only on first come first basis.