In the academic year 2021-22, the ILS Law College is holding the Raghavendra Phadnis Essay Writing, Case Comment, and Legislative Comment Competition, 2021-22. Students may submit entries for all three, if they choose to.
Topics for Essay Writing:
- Ward of the State: Are the Existing Child Welfare Laws Sufficient to Deal with Effect of the Pandemic?
- The Role of Social Media Platforms in Controlling Information and Misinformation.
- The Challenges of Online Education and Remote Learning: The Need for Reforms
Cases for Case Comments:
- UOI v KA Najeeb –
- JaishreeLaxmanraoPatil v The Chief Minister and Ors. – https://main.sci.gov.in/supremecourt/2019/23618/23618_2019_35_1501_27992_Judgement_05-May-2021.pdf
- The Chief Election Commissioner of India v MR Vijayabhaskar – https://main.sci.gov.in/supremecourt/2021/11474/11474_2021_35_1502_27915_Judgement_06-May-2021.pdf
Legislations for Legislative Comment:
- The Election Laws (Amendment) Bill 2021
- The Occupational Safety, Health, and Working Conditions Code 2020
- The National Commission for Allied and Healthcare Professions Act 2021
The submissions should conform to the following guidelines:
The word limit for Essay Writing is 3000 words (Maximum).
The word limit for Case Comment and Legislative comments is 2000 words (Maximum).
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Line Spacing: 1.5
Footnoting style – Bluebook 21st Edition
The last date for the submission of the entries is 10th February 2022. All entries must be sent to email@example.com by 23:59 p.m. on that date.
The Winner, Runner up, and Second Runner Up for each category shall be given E-certificates of Recognition, and the winning entries in each category shall be eligible for publication in the ILS Abhivyakti Law Journal.