8th Justice V. M. Tarkunde National Parliamentary Debate
Date: 7th to 9th February, 2020
About the Tournament:
The ILS Debating Society is organizing 8th edition of the annual three day national parliamentary debate. It follows the 3 on 3 Asians Parliamentary Debating format. It is a semi-open tournament and institutional cross teams are permitted.
For the first two days, i.e., 7th and 8th of February, preliminary rounds be conducted and post break rounds will take place on 9th of February.
Structure of the Debate
Day One – 7th February 2020 (Friday)
Brief orientation for speakers and adjudicators.
Demo debate and adjudicator test.
Release of adjudicator test results.
Day Two – 8th February 2020 (Saturday)
Release of Breaks
Day Three – 9th February 2020 (Sunday)
Quarter Finals and Novice semi-finals.
Semi- Finals and Novice finals.
Open final round.
- Registration Fee for participants INR 1652/- (inclusive GST) without accommodation.
- The accommodation will be provided for 2 nights and 3 days. Accommodation Charges will be announced in due course.
Accommodation Payment Link :
- The registration process will take place in 3 rounds. The first round of registration will open on 7th December 2019 and close on 18th December 2019. The dates of the other two rounds will be intimated on the Facebook page. In order to register, follow the link
After release of slots, the procedure for payment of the registration fee and the online payment link will be released. Payment must be completed by the respective colleges in the instructed time period, failure of which will lead to cancellation of slots.
Payment can be made online. The payment link will be sent to the given email ID at the registration portal. Please check the email ID provided at the time of registration for the confirmation of the slot and the link for the Payment from the Organizing Committee. Further instructions to make payment will be sent through the email provided.
Do not make any payment without confirmation of slots from our end.
Note: Submit the hard copy of the Payment Receipt at the time of Debate.
(A) Faculty coordinator:
Dr. Nitish Nawsagaray
(B) Student Coordinators:
- Rudhdi Walawalkar, Convener Ph: (+91) 97 57 24 3803
- Raina Mitra, Co-convener Ph: (+91) 97 69 67 6813
Official Email ID (for communications, queries and requests): firstname.lastname@example.org