Certificate Course on Intellectual Property Rights Laws
We all love watching Narcos, and when it is freely available to stream online and download, why waste money on subscribing Netflix? Well, we are “INFRINGERS”!!! Have you ever wondered the number of Intellectual Property infringement we commit on everyday basis? Time has come to think, and we will make you think!
A property generated by a person using its intellect is called as Intellectual Property. The rights given by government to such person over this property are termed as Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). It is a wide concept and includes intellectual activities in fields such as industrial, literary, scientific and artistic. Copyright, trademark, patent, geographical indications, performers’ rights, broadcasters’ rights are few such IPRs. These properties are protected by law and any unauthorised reproduction and use of such properties without permission of IP holder amounts to serious offence. Understanding, recognizing and respecting such rights is of utmost importance.
Objectives of the Course –
The course aims to provide the following:
- basic knowledge on the various branches of Intellectual Property Law
- holistic understanding of the legalities of Intellectual Property Rights
- discuss contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Laws
- understanding intricacies involved in drafting filings for Intellectual Property registration
- analyzing steps of development of Intellectual Property
Teaching Methodology –
- Interactive lectures will be conducted by eminent academicians, practicing lawyers and IP professionals.
- Recommended reading material will be provided.
- 2 MCQ assessments will be conducted, one after completion of basics of IP law and other at the end of the course.
Eligibility For Participation –
- Students from any discipline.
Tentative Dates for Course : 8th January 2018 to 30th January 2018
Timing of lectures : 6PM to 8PM
Duration of complete course : 30-40 hours
Number of Seats : 100 seats
Registration and Mode of Payment : Online only
Registration Fees : Rs. 5500/- (Inclusive of GST)
Last Date of Registration : 5th January 2017.
Contact details :
(A) Faculty co-ordinator: Dr. Suvarna Nilakh , Email ID : email@example.com
(B) Student co-ordinators:
Tishita Mukherjee (9503776026)
Devika Vasandani (8390727895)
Pranita Saboo (9404509717)
Requirements – Participants are expected to read the provided reading material for every session before hand and actively participate in the discussions. Attendance is Mandatory.
Certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.