ILS Law College, Pune, India announces the Professor S.P. Sathe 16th International Conference 2021-2022 in memory of Professor S.P. Sathe, to be held on 8-9 April, 2022.
ABOUT “REMEMBERING S P SATHE”
Professor Satyaranjan Purushottam Sathe was a distinguished legal luminary and a renowned academician in the judicial universe of India. He held various positions in Universities and Law Institutes of repute. Professor S.P. Sathe had a long association with the Indian Law Society. He was the Principal of ILS Law College from 1976 to 1991. He was also the Secretary of the Indian Law Society until 2002. He was the Founder Director of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies. He was also the President of the Maharashtra People’s Union for Civil Liberties, and a Vice President of the National PUCL.
His work on ‘Judicial Activism’ is appreciated worldwide. More than 100 articles written by him were published in national and international legal periodicals, magazines, and journals. Books to his credit are, ‘Administrative Law’, ‘Judicial Activism in India: Transgressing Borders and Enforcing Limits’, and ‘Right to Know’.
Known for his humility, Professor Sathe endeared himself to his colleagues and students alike. His commitment to Rights and Liberties of the people was deep and abiding.
Professor S. P. Sathe Foundation, set up by the Indian Law Society, organizes “Remembering S.P. Sathe” event that consists of Public Memorial Lecture, Moot Court Competition, and Conference at ILS Law College, Pune on a specific theme with a view to commemorate his contribution to Indian Jurisprudence and Social Action and to encourage academic pursuit of law students.
ABOUT THE PROFESSOR S P SATHE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON POLITICO-LEGAL DIMENSIONS OF CLIMATE CHANGE: PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
Climate change has emerged over the last few decades as the ‘defining human development challenge of 21st Century’
The legal journey of balancing the responsibility for climate change is one fraught with many hurdles. The diversity between the climate change contributors and the climate change vulnerables and their conflicting interests have delayed the global response to climate change, taking us to the brink of disaster.
Through this conference, we take the opportunity to shed light on this issue and come up with a policy that can be applied to address climate change at the local level and may later serve as a blueprint for different regions and stakeholders.
The conference will be held in Online mode.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
Theme – Politico-Legal Dimensions of Climate Change: Past, Present, and Future
Sub-Themes – The list of themes is only indicative, not exhaustive.
● Climate Change, Rising Sea Levels, and their consequences for Statehood and State Territory
● The Interface of Climate Change with Right to Development of Third World Countries
● Developed Countries and the Principle of CBDR and Respective Capabilities
● Vulnerable Groups and Adaptation to Climate Change
● North-South and South-South Cooperation for Addressing Climate Change
● Climate Change and its Consequences for Geo-Politics
Click Here for the detailed brochure.
Call for Papers
Contributions in the form of research papers are invited on the theme of the conference. The selected papers will be published and may also form a part of the outcome paper of the conference.
Every person interested to participate in the conference must register by paying the registration fees. In the case of co-authors (maximum 2), each author would have to register and pay separately.
The registration fee is as follows: –
|Participant||With Paper Presentation||Without Paper presentation|
|ILS Students (including GST)||INR 500||INR 200|
|Indian Students and Ph.D. Scholars
|INR 500||INR 300|
|Indian Academicians/ Professionals/ Practitioners (including GST)||INR 1000||INR 300|
|International Students and Ph.D. Scholars (excluding bank transaction charges)||USD 20||USD 10|
|International Academicians/ Professionals/ Practitioners (excluding bank transaction charges)||USD 25||USD 10|
Indian participants interested in only attending the conference can register and pay the registration fees at the ‘REGISTER AND PAY’ tab.
Foreign participants interested in only attending the conference can register themselves by sending their details (Name, contact details, institution, category – Student / Professional, paper presenter or attendee) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The bank details for payment for the registration fees will be sent to them on their email.
Participants interested in presenting papers at the conference should submit their abstract before the deadline mentioned at email@example.com. Stipulated registration fees can be paid on selection of the abstract.
All participants will be granted a certificate of participation. Attendance in all sessions is mandatory for grant of certificate.
Last Date of abstract submission: 28 February 2022
Date of acceptance or rejection: 5 March 2022
Full paper submission: 20 March 2022
Last Date for Registration and payment of fees – 7 April 2022
- Format of file – Microsoft word
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font Size – 12 (Text), 10 (Footnote)
- Margins – One-inch margin on all sides
- Line spacing – 1.5 (Text), Single (Footnote)
- Citation Style: Bluebook 20th Edition
- Word Limit: Full Paper – 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
Abstract – 300 words.
- Language – English only.
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished work of the author/s and should not have been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. Multiple entries by the same authors are not allowed.
- Articles will pass through blind peer review and acceptance will be subject to the report of the peer review team. Submissions not meeting the requirements mentioned will not be reviewed.
- The Editorial Board reserves the rights to accept and reject the submissions at any stage of the review. The decision of the organizers regarding selection of the papers shall be final.
- Requests for in-absentia presentations shall not be entertained.
- Submission must be accompanied with short bio of the author/s (It should include name of the author/s, occupation, designation & name of the institution, email id, mobile phone no and contact address, title of the paper). The bio should be in a separate document.
- The selected papers will be published by the organisers.
- The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organizers who herewith reserve the right to modify the contributions as per the requirements of necessity.
- Ms. Vaijayanti Joshi, Director (Academics & Administration), ILS Law College and Hon. Secretary, Indian Law Society
- Dr. Sanjay Jain, Professor, Additional Charge, Principal, ILS Law College
- Dr. Suvarna Nilakh, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Varsha Khandagale, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Divya Mittal, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Vindhya Gupta, Assistant Professor
- Sneha Kulkarni : +91 8459418031
- Chirayu Rushiya: +91 8087683438
Email for correspondence – email@example.com
- Earth Refuge
- The World Youth for Climate Justice
- The Indian Network on Ethics & Climate Change (INECC)
- Environment Law and Development Foundation (ELDF)
- SCC Online