ILS Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA), Pune
ILSCA 48-HOURS MEDIATION TRAINING PROGRAM
26th November 2018 to 1st December 2018
10. 00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
ILS Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA) is pleased to announce a 48-hours “Mediation Training Program” to be held at ILS law College from 26th November to 1st December 2018. This is a maiden program conducted under ILSCA.
Mediation has become one of the premier methods of resolving disputes in the commercial and business world, apart from family disputes. Mediation is not only about conflict and resolution; it is about maintaining relationship and adding value. In effect, dispute is treated as an opportunity to bring about a change in the existing status of the disputing parties, to make it better than they had before the dispute! This is possible with the skills of an excellent mediator.
The ILS Centre for Arbitration and Mediation (ILSCA) was established on 3rd December 2016 by the Indian Law Society (ILS). This Centre is established with the sole purpose of providing facilities for effective Alternative Dispute Resolution. ILSCA is a first-of-its-kind arbitral institution in India, attached to an educational establishment, Indian Law Society and therefore ILSCA seeks to conduct several training programs and study courses about the various methods of dispute resolution, for the benefit of students and professionals from different educational and professional backgrounds.
The ILSCA Mediation Training Program will provide the participants an opportunity to practice efficient and structured mediation. The program will be a 6-days training involving mediation theory, simulations, real life case studies, discussions and series of presentations.
Effective dispute resolution is a skill to prevent destructive conflict, enabling people to better resolve their disputes. Mediation has become a truly global profession, earning international recognition. While of utmost importance to lawyers and budding lawyers, Mediation is an art that can be learnt by all. Hence, ILSCA invites everyone with an inclination towards peaceful dispute resolution, to join this training program.
ILSCA’s 48-hour Mediation Training program focuses on fundamental and practical techniques of mediation to successfully resolve disputes. The training aims to offer necessary training to the participants to become a skillful negotiator and an effective mediator.
This program is a practical training course. While covering theory to give you a framework and the intellectual understanding of negotiation and mediation, this program is about learning. Our focus is on your doing, practicing and experimenting with negotiating and mediating. In this program you will learn how to be a complete mediator. This program will give you an experience with all of the different styles and approaches that a complete mediators should call upon. Participants of this program will learn how well-equipped a mediator thinks and also learn as how to be the most effective in negotiating disputes.
Through this training one will also learn how to negotiate better settlements. Because negotiation is the core component of the mediation process, this program emphasizes negotiation skills, strategies and techniques that you can use. Negotiation is a continuum from a very competitive to a very collaborative. To be a complete negotiator, one must become familiar and practice with all approaches to negotiation. Beyond negotiation, this course will emphasize the communication skills that are critical in mediating and settling cases. You will also learn how to get people to the table, how to create an environment of agreement once they get there, and how to close the deal and bring about a lasting settlement agreement.
The Mediation Training Program at ILSCA offers the opportunity to learn what is necessary to become an effective negotiator and a skilled mediator. Experienced and highly knowledgeable trainers introduce you to the theory and concepts that form the basis of negotiation and mediation practice. The program provide participants with the opportunity to practice this structured dispute resolution process through a series of interactive presentations, role play simulations, real life case studies and discussion groups.
Upon successful completion, ILSCA will issue a certificate in “Skills of Mediation” to all successful participants. The certificate can be used by the participants- students, professionals and others – as a means to enhance their profession. As a Certified Mediator, it can also act as career changers for the professionals as well as non-professionals to enter the field of dispute resolution as a Mediator.
As per ILSCA Mediator Empanelment System, a candidate having successfully completed Mediation Training Program, conducted by ILSCA will be eligible for empanelment as ILSCA Mediator.
Find the time to take this program – This training will change your
Approach to dispute resolution forever
The program will be conducted by experienced and highly trained mediators including;
- Mr. Ajay Mehta (Master Trainer)- Trained as a Mediator in the year 2006 and as a Mediation-Trainer in the year 2008, by MCPC, Supreme Court of India, Mr. Ajay Mehta is empaneled as a Mediator with the Main Mediation Centre, Bombay High Court. As a mediation-trainer he has travelled all over the country, imparted 40-hours mediation-trainings to around 1500 Judges besides judges’ wives, social workers, advocates, bureaucrats, law-students and has also conducted awareness programs for around 5000 people all over the country.
- Ms. Tanu Mehta – With a master’s degree in Conflict Resolution and Mediation from Tel Aviv University, Israel, Ms. Tanu Mehta is practicing as Mediator and Conciliator, with case referrals by Courts, Private Organisations and Institutional sources. She is an empaneled mediator at High Court of Bombay, City and Civil Sessions Court of Bombay, IMC ADR Centre (Indian Merchant Chambers), Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolution (CADR) Mumbai, IICA-Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GOI and Association of Mediation Practitioners, Mumbai.
- Ms. Gandha Sahu- Trained and accredited by the Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, Cochin in 2014, Ms. Gandha Sahu is presently the Vice-President of Council of Mediators and Arbitrators, Bombay. She is also the member of the Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, Cochin and a member and trustee of the Goa Community Mediation Centre, Goa
- Mr. Firdosh Karachiwala – A Mediation Master Trainer, Mr. Firdosh Karachiwala will visit us on the last day of the session for the assessment and valedictory function. He is an empanelled mediator at International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR) Delhi, Indian Council of Arbitration (ICA) Delhi, Bombay Incorporated Law Society – High Court Bombay, World Mediation Forum (WMF) (Steering Committee), Lawyers Engaged in Alternative Dispute Resolution (LEADER) Australia. Mr. Karachiwala has also co-authored Book on “Mediation in India – A Toolkit” published by USEFI.
Details of the program:
|Date||26th November – 1st December 2018 (Six days)|
|Time|| 10 am to 6 pm
(with two tea breaks and a lunch break on all the days)
|Venue||Conference Hall, ILS Law College, Pune|
Students – 8,000/- (Including GST)
Faculty members – 15,000/- (Including GST)
(Please select Other Students Option while doing the payment, If paying under Faculty)
Professionals – 20,000/- (Including GST)
Fee includes Training material, ILSCA Mediation Rules, coffee/snacks for breaks and lunch for 5 days.)
Visit the website – ilslaw.edu
For on line Payment and for the application form
Last date of payment – 26th November 2018
Click Here for Application Form.
For further queries contact any of the following
- Sathya Narayan, Director ILSCA 020 25676866 – email id email@example.com
- Anwita Dinkar, Research Associate, ILSCA 020 25676866 email id firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Coordinator: –
- Manjusha Gurjar – 020 25676866 email id email@example.com