ILS Law College, Pune, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS) and Post-Graduate Department in Law (LL.M) announces ‘National Legislative Drafting Competition’ during 4th to 7th April 2022. (Online)
About the Competition:
Legislations or statutes are considered as one of the important sources to of law. Most of the legislations are written in a manner which is complex for laymen to understand. Efficacy of a law is dependent on the wisdom with which it is drafted. It is often observed that good policies may turn out to be a bad law because of the ambiguity or incorrect placement of words, thus precision in drafting a law gains importance.
The purpose of organizing the National Legislative Drafting competition is to encourage law students to get introduced to the skills of legislative drafting and also to emphasis upon them the significance of the subject.
Teams are requested to fill the registration form and also submit dully filled google form by clicking following link :
Google Form Link: https://forms.gle/
- .Winning Team: INR 8,000/-+ Book on Legislative Drafting by T.K. Viswanathan
- First Runner-up team: INR 5,000/-
- Second Runner-up team: INR 4,000/-
Please note the Important Dates:
- Release of subject/theme/ topic for drafting of Bill on the college website (www.ilslaw.edu) on 9th March 2022.
- To know the theme of the conference Click Here.
- Registration Opens on 11th March, 2022 for the Competition.
- Registration Fees: Rs. 1,000/- per team (including GST).
- Last Date for Registration- 27th March, 2022. (Please note, the registration will close on receiving registrations of sixteen teams which can be before 27th March, 2022.)
- For a detailed brochure Click Here